Flow Design Bureau
Through motivation, dedication, and a high educational level FDB offers services, products and together with partners the development of future solutions within energy and flow-technology.
Based on our own development work, we have gained knowledge and expertise that can be used by others. This applies in particular to three areas: measurement technology, assistance with LabVIEW and NI products, and numerical flow calculations (CFDs) and dynamic analyzes.
Hydraulic Efficiency Measurement
- Thermodynamic efficiency measurement on hydropower plant: FDB's measurements often take place in connection with the commissioning of other products, but FDB makes measurements in accordance with current standards and has good experience in the design and layout of production data for mechanical constructions required and other solutions related to this type of measurement.
- Fingerprint measurement on cavitation intensity: Often in preparation for the installation of a cavitation meter, FDB can carry out a fingerprint measurement of cavitation. The measurement is often combined with pressure dynamics and shaft throw.
- Calculation of flow and heat in all types of systems and for different fluids: liquid, gas and multiphase.
- Calculation of stability in hydropower plants: using LVTrans
- Development of mathematical-physical dynamic models for fluid mechanical and mechanical systems.
The LabVIEW software from National Instruments has been an important part of FDB since the company's inception. In 2010, we began installing our LabVIEW / NI solutions and products as integral parts of process systems. In order to continue to deliver robust, high-quality solutions, several of our already experienced employees embarked on a formal certification program offered by NI. Håkon Francke holds certification at the highest level as a Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA). This focus on formalizing our expertise played a major role when FDB became a partner in NI's alliance program, where FDB is a sector expert for the energy and power industry.
With a user centered approach, we provide custom-designed graphics made ready for all sorts of digital products. By putting the most important elements in front and center, our layouts provide clear paths for navigation/data analysis.
Our high-quality designs will help strengthen the identity of your brand, making it exclusive in the market.
FDB is a technology development company with great expertise and experience in industrial flow systems.
FDB started in 2001 and since then, has delivered several projects, products, and solutions for and in collaboration with customers and partners in the marine, oil-gas and hydropower industries. In 2014, FDB became an alliance-partner with National Instruments. This partner status involves high-level qualification of dedicated personnel in FDB.
A major investment at FDB is Flow Control technology, which is defined by FDB as the development and use of techniques and technologies that improve performance and reduce the devastating load on existing flow systems. FDB works continuously with these types of projects, among other things by supporting Ph.D. and master's studies at NTNU. DiffCON is an example of flow control technology. Starting in 2019 FDB joined a H2020 project to further develop flow control technologies for the hydropower business, see www.afc4hydro.eu.
In addition to industry competences, FDB has expertise in engineering tools such as ANSYS CFD and 1D tools, for numerical flow calculations, and LabVIEW and products from National Instruments, for the realization of solutions for data acquisition, analysis and data transport. The tools are used for internal development projects, and in connection with the FDB product line. Based on the same tools FDB also offers high-quality classic engineering consulting services.
Meet Our Team
Let's work together.
Morten Kjeldsen, PhD
Håkon Francke, MSc, PhD
Mechanical Engineer Specialist, Certified LabVIEW Architect
Jarle Vikør Ekanger, MSc, PhD
Instrument Engineer Specialist
Carl Werdelin Bergan, MSc, PhD
Flow Systems Specialist
Livia Pitorac, MSc
Field Measurement Specialist
Claudia Pia, MSc
UX and Product Designer
Elia Antoniali, BSc